Public Understanding of Science and Health
Our mission is to improve the public's understanding of - and engagement with - science and health topics.
Our primary goal is to facilitate relationships among UT researchers interested in public understanding of and public engagement with science and health topics.
Our secondary goal is to seek internal and external funding that will:
- Foster interdisciplinary research among UT scholars.
- Foster research collaborations with scholars external to UT.
- Facilitate theoretically rich projects that focus on how people come to understand and engage with science and health topics.
- Create communication interventions to 1) improve science and health literacy, and 2) positively impact attitudes and behaviors related to science and health issues.
- Faciliate study of the potential of new technologies to facilitate public understanding of science and health.
- Facilitate study of the impact of existing PUSH-related outreach efforts at UT.
Our tertiary goal is to provide UT students with service learning and research opportunities related to increasing public understanding of science and health.