In order to conduct an internship for academic credits, students must have completed the following courses with a grade of B or better. In addition, students must have an overall GPA of at least 3.00 to take an internship for credit.
FOR ADV 395 - Graduate Internship:
- ADV 385 Media Management
- ADV 387 Creative Strategies
Please consult the Summer Internship Guideline document for more details. Your internship experience should follow these basic steps:
- Find, apply for and obtain an internship (the earlier the better, many positions are already filled by the beginning of the semester).
- Register for an internship course (making sure that you meet course prerequisites and minimum GPA requirements).
- Download and fill out the Internship Application Form.docx. Both you and your supervisor should complete and sign the corresponding sections.
- Email the scanned version of the completed application (in one PDF document, using your full name as the file name) by 5:00 pm on September 7th, 2018 to Internship Coordinator.
- You will be notified whether your internship is approved for credits.
Important Deadlines for Internship Application
September 7, 2018 (by 5 pm) Application deadlines for the internship courses.
September 10, 2018 (by 5 pm) No application will be approved after this date.
September 14, 2018 (by 5 pm) Students who did not get their internship approved by the above deadline will be dropped from the course.
Internship Course Requirements (Complete 3, 4 and 5 only for Summer 2018)
Attend a mandatory orientation for the course.
Attend 5 of the of guest speaker lectures. Speaker events will not take place every week, but they will be scheduled on Monday (7:30 - 8:30 pm) and on Wednesday (6:00 - 8:00 pm). Exact dates for the speaker events will be announced during the orientation and will be updated on Canvas as well.
Complete 3 reading assignments (for ADV 395 students only).
Both you and your supervisor are required to complete midterm and final evaluations on your internship performance.
Write and submit a Final Report (guidelines will be posted to Canvas).